02 September 2014

Upcycling: Before and After, Commissioned Bedside Cabinets

Before and After - Bedside Cabinets

When I was asked by my work colleague to transform some shoddy looking bedside cabinets I couldn't wait to get my hands on them. She wanted to give them a lick of paint to match her newly decorated bedroom. 
She also asked me to give her dressing table a makeover so that even though they were not the same design, they all matched nicely. This is the beauty of painted furniture.  You can achieve a sense of uniform in a room full of wonderfully mis-matched furniture.
The project was pretty straightforward.  I gave each cabinet two coats of Annie Sloan 'Old White', two layers of wax and left the inside in its original bare wood. I decided to keep the original pulls on these cabinets, I hadn't seen any like them before and thought they were rather unique. 

xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment