17 September 2014

Lifestyle: Getting to know me

I am getting a bit obsessed with reading blogs and watching vlogs on youtube and I think the best way to introduce yourself to the world is by having a 'getting to know you' post. 
These are always the first posts I look for when I stumble across a new blog as it is such a good way to get an insight into the person behind the blog and a great way for readers to connect.

So here it is, my 'getting to know you' questions, no holds barred!


1. What was your favourite food when you were a child? Spaghetti Bolognaise! I think I could have eaten it everyday if my Mum let me!
2. What’s the #1 most played song on your iPod? I don't have an iPod, or even listen to music at all (other than the radio in my car)
3.What is one of your favorite quotes? 'Thoughts become things', Bob Proctor (taken from the book 'The Power' by Rhonda Byrne)
4. What’s your favorite indoor/outdoor activity? Yoga - can be done indoors AND outdoors :)
5. What chore do you absolutely hate doing? Ironing, avoid it like the plague.
6. What is your favorite form of exercise? Shopping, don't tell me that doesn't burn hundreds of calories!
7. What is your favorite time of day/day of the week/month of the year? 6pm, on a Friday, in the Autumn :)
8. What’s your least favorite mode of transportation? Buses.
9. What is your favorite body part? The mind... ooooohh deep.
10. What sound do you love? The sound of a wine cork popping out of the bottle, followed by the gulping noise as I pour it into a glass.
11. If you could throw any kind of party, what would it be like and what would it be for? My favourite kind of party would be full of all my friends, family, old and young having a BBQ in the garden on a hot summer's afternoon drinking Pimms and Lemonade :)
12. If you could choose to stay a certain age forever, what age would it be? 18. To be honest, I have spent the last 8 years thinking I am still 18.
13. If you knew the world was ending in 2012, what would you do differently? Well, considering it is 2014 I would be very relieved that it didn't end! I believe you should live everyday as if it was your last. Live in the moment.  I would try to do that more.
14. If you could witness any event past, present or future, what would it be? It has to be the moment I was born, I would have loved to see that. On second thoughts, my Mum had a Caesarean and I wouldn't have wanted to see that - too squeamish!
15. If you could learn to do anything, what would it be? Sing, I wish I could sing without bursting the eardrums of the people around me.
16. If you won the lottery, what is the first thing you would do? Scream! AHHHHHH! Then sit down and work out how I was going to spend it.
17. If you were reincarnated as an animal/drink/ice cream flavor, what would it be? A cat, a very lazy cat.
18. If you could know the answer to any question, besides “What is the meaning of life?”, what would it be? Where do we go when we die?
19. Which celebrity do you get mistaken for? None, I guess that is a good thing though!
20. What do you want to be when you grow up? A wiser version of me :)
21. When you have 30 minutes of free-time, how do you pass the time? I either watch TV or paint some furniture.
22. What songs are included on the soundtrack to your life? 'Don't worry, be happy' 'Red red wine' 'Wanna be'
23. Have you ever had something happen to you that you thought was bad but it turned out to be for the best? Having past relationships come to an end, thought it was the end of the world at the time but turned out my Mr Right was just round the corner :)
24. What was one of the best parties you’ve ever been to? Mine/My sister's weddings - they were pretty awesome!
25. What was the last movie, TV show or book that made you cry or tear up? One born every minute - I cry every time those little bubbas pop out!
26. What’s the hardest thing you’ve ever done?  My degree.
27. What was the last experience that made you a stronger person? Coping with the loss of my amazing Dad.
28. What did you do growing up that got you into trouble? I was such a golden child, never in trouble!
29. When was the last time you had an amazing meal?  Last night at my local Indian restaurant!
30. What do you miss most about being a kid? Being able to eat what I wanted without worrying about putting on weight.
31. What story does your family always tell about you? The time when my sister dropped me down the stairs and I had to go to hospital as all my teeth fell out.
32. At what age did you become an adult? 19, the moment I stepped into the huge lecture hall at the start of my uni life.

xxx

3 comments:

  1. I had fun reading this post. I'm sorry about your dad. Keep up the good work.

    LEJA

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm glad you liked the post, thank you for the support :) x

      Delete