27 October 2014

Upcycling: Colonial style inspiration

Ever since I upcycled this coffee table I have become a little obsessed with colonial style décor, so much so that I filled a whole pinterest board dedicated to it!

I think it is the mix of the indoors and outdoors that catches my interest and I love the garden green and dark wood brown shades together.

I love the way the brown wicker chairs and wooden tree trunks look against the stark white walls and pillars in these outdoor living spaces.

Pinterest

Pinterest


Animal prints and soft furnishings blend perfectly into colonial style rooms.  A perfect way to experiment with the colour and texture of animal prints in a way that doesn't scream tack!


Pinterest

Pinterest


I had to share this picture with you just because of how much I love and want that ornamental birdcage in my home, and look at that pile of old safari style hats!


Pinterest


I have been thinking of ways to add a touch of colonial living to my painted furniture and I found these gorgeous inspirational examples.  It's all about picking the darker shades of paint that I would usually shy away from but that make the biggest impact. To create a true statement piece of furniture that is not designed to fade into the background.


Pinterest

Pinterest

Pinterest

Pinterest

I also found this great little colour chart of primitive/colonial colours that compliment each other, for times where I think just one colour won't do.


Pinterest
I hope you are feeling as inspired as I am by these amazing home décor images.  I would love to hear in the comments below what your current home décor style is, or what inspires you?

xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment