01 December 2014

IT'S BLOGMAS! Day 1

The 1st December can only mean one thing - the countdown to Christmas beings!

Whip out those chocolate advent calendars, find that little cardboard window and start celebrating because it is officially time to get excited, Christmas is on its way guys!

I always forget to buy an advent calendar in time for the 1st of December and when I actually remember, the shelves have been ransacked and the only ones left are the crappy ones with the crappy chocolate that no one wants.

So instead of being disappointed every morning with my crappy little chocolates that taste like sick, I decided what better way to celebrate the countdown to Christmas day than with 25 of my all time favourite Christmas traditions.  All the little things that tell me Christmas is just around the corner.

So without further ado, here it is.

Day 1 - Deck the halls!



The 1st of December is always, ALWAYS the day that the Christmas decorations go up.
This day may just be my (second) all time favourite day in December. The hubby and I always make it into a very Christmassy event (I am lucky enough to have a Husband that goes crazy for Christmas as much as I do).  

The nibbles come out and the mulled wine makes its very big debut, the Christmas songs play in the background and we decorate the tree together. We may even go the extra mile and don our very tacky but festive Christmas jumpers! 

Growing up, this was always something my Mum would do.  Although we were never really allowed to help decorate the tree, she would always let us hang a couple of decorations (even if she did move them all around afterwards when we had gone to bed!)

This is one of my favourite traditions (even if it was just watching Mum do all the hard work) and it still is to this day. Just now, I get to put all that I learnt from my perfectionist Mum into action in my own home.

When do you put up your decorations? Are you an early doors bird or do you wait until nearer the big day? I would love to hear your Christmas decoration traditions in the comments below!

xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment