28 December 2014

Lifestyle & Beauty: What's in My Little Box, December 2014



Introducing My Little Box...
A bit like those beauty subscriptions where you receive little samples of beauty products in the post every month but oh, so much better!

I've never had a huge interest in beauty.  Yeah sure, I like to hear about new products and try out different make up techniques but my true interests lie elsewhere. Which is why beauty boxes have never really grabbed my attention... until My Little Box showed up in my life!

My Little Box incorporates beauty, lifestyle and fashion into one little monthly subscription of only £11.00 a month. 

So I signed up last month and received my first box! Honestly, it was so exciting, like a little gift from me to me!  Here is what I got in the December box.


I love this print: 'Christmas isn't a season, it's a feeling' so true!
You get one of these quote prints in each box and they are printed on such lovely paper.  You could pin your favourites on your pinboard or fridge and they would look so lovely in their own little frame too.


The fashion part of this box was this cute knitted headband.  I did try this on but with my short hair I just can't pull them off! but I must say, it did warm my ears up!




This set of gift wrapping accessories is so cute. Little gift tags, strips of tape and a wooden reel of string. By the time My Little Box arrived I had already wrapped my Christmas presents but I am definitely keeping these for birthdays and Christmas next year.


I wasn't overly fussed about the beauty part of the box but I was pleasantly surprised.  They were all kept in this cute little drawstring bag (perfect for weekend trips away) and each product had a little info card to go with it.


 I absolutely love L'Occitane and was so pleased when I saw that little blue glass pot! The cream is so silky smooth and is such a lovely moisturiser.  My skin felt instantly refreshed and it smells divine!


I've never used Cowshed products before so I was eager to try the body lotion.  The first thing I did? give it a good big sniff! It instantly reminded me of aromatherapy massages and lazy spa days. It must have been the blend of lemongrass and ginger. I like this lotion as a treat after a long hot soak in the bath, but maybe not an everyday moisturiser.



Last but by no means least - the lipstick! My Little Box have their own My Little Beauty range and incorporate one of their own products in each box.  I have recently developed a bit of an obsession with lipsticks and absolutely love this shade of red.  They claim it is the perfect lipstick that will suit all skin tones and shades of hair. I am yet to give it a go (red isn't really an everyday office-wear shade) but will definitely slap it on on my next evening out.

And you can buy them for yourselves right here!

I am definitely going to keep my subscription going and cannot wait until I get my next box in January! 

My Little Box = A big success!

xxx


Nicola Bhamra

No comments:

Post a Comment