18 March 2015

Home Decor: Spring/Summer 2015 styles

Home decor spring summer 2015 styles


Laura Ashley Spring/Summer 2015



Laura Ashley has always been one of those shops that I get lured into (usually due to their amazing smells) but after a quick nosey round realise I definitely cannot justify spending £60 on a new wall clock that I just don't need. Nevertheless, it doesnt stop me having a weekly peruse around, getting lots of inspiration and then feeling like I ought to buy something and grab one of their gorgeously enticing candles or reed diffusers.   Spring/Summer 2015 is all about the classic, never going out of fashion, duck egg blue teamed with creams, whites and mochas. 
Ikea Spring/Summer 2015



Ikea has grown on me over the past couple of months. I am becoming a little bored of my country, shabby chic style home and want to move somewhere I can play with a bit more colour.  Ikea have fantastic retro style decor and the fashionable trend at the moment is monochrome geometric prints mixed with bold pops of colour.  I wish I had the guts to buy myself a bright pink corner sofa but I just don't think Hubby would be too pleased.  I have definitely got my eye on that rug and grey retro chair for my next home though.  I am also lusting after house plants.  Preferably very real looking fake ones that require zero maintenance.  I want to fill my home with these and team them with cute colourful little plant pots.
Next Spring/Summer Homeware 2015


Next has always had my heart when it comes to gorgeous homeware. I have been seeing gorgeous rose gold elements popping up all over the home decor scene and Next have nailed the trend.  A small amount of this pretty metallic colour works best when coupled with natural wood tones and neutral cream fabrics. I love those rose gold lanterns and the antler chandelier.  You can also see some more retro vibes coming through with the three legged floor lamp (love) and cute little coffee/tea/sugar canisters.
So what homeware trends are you lusting after this spring/summer? I always feel like I want to completely change the look and feel of my home every season and it is so difficult choosing just one trend to work with.  I need to spend more time working out what I love the most and just stick with it.
Happy home shopping!
xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment